stealing this from a bunch of other posters!
1. Drama: Raising Victor Vargas
2. Comedy: Bandits
3. Action: The Rock
4. Thriller: Kalifornia
5. Horror: Ju-On
6. Sci-Fi: Back to The Future, though I consider it way more of a comedy.
7. Documentary: Bowling for Columbine
8. Romance: Beautiful Girls
9. Foreign Language: Ernesto Che Chuevara, das bolivianische Tagebuch
10. Musical: The Buddy Holly Movie?
11. Animated: The Iron Giant
12. Fantasy : The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. Historical: Gangs of New York
stealing this from another poster.
1. Drama: the usual suspects
2. Comedy: dr. strangelove
3. Action: does the untouchables count? if not, lotr.
4. Thriller: silence of the lambs
5. Horror: um, none
6. Sci-Fi: 12 monkeys, probably
7. Documentary: not a big fan, sorry
8. Romance: bringing up baby
9. Foreign Language: amelie
10. Musical: singin' in the rain
11. Animated: finding nemo
12. Fantasy : lotr movies, i guess
13. Historical: schindler's list
great actress, and i'm sure you have probably seen her at some point whether it be "21 grams", "identity", or "girl, interrupted". i recently saw her in "but i'm a cheerleader"- really funny satire about homosexuality and very lovable characters. i have seen movies of hers that aren't as good, but she is consistently strong as an actress and always chooses complex roles. i was just looking to find out more about her in terms of who she dates (specifically sexual orientation), upcoming projects (in addition to the HBO show carnivale, and really anything you may know about her. i looked her up on the IMDB and they just didn't have that much information on her. thanks for sharing!
I just saw 'The Passion of the Christ' and all I can say is that Mel Gibson is one sick mother fucker!
Hey I found this on a message board on the IMDB. Try it out and comment or post yours.
1. Drama: Girl, Interrupted
2. Comedy: Austin Powers
3. Action: Die Hard
4. Thriller: Phone Booth
5. Horror:The Ring
6. Sci-Fi: It
7. Documentary: Farenheit 9/11
8. Romance: Two Weeks Notice
9. Foreign Language: Harry Potter in Spanish ;)
10. Musical: The Rocky HOrror Picture Show
11. Animated: Shrek
12. Fantasy : Lord of the Rings trilogy
13. Historical: ermm.. can't think of good one.
Wow I haven't posted on here in forever. But I love movie quotes, so I have to do this list.
These are in no particular order.
1. "I'm not your fucking mommy!"~The Ring Two
2. "Kiss me fat boy!"~ IT
3."Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"~ Wayne's World
4. "No Ticket."~Dogma
5. "I'm gay. You do know what gay is, don't you?*cough* Homosexual. I like men. Sexually"~Sling Blade
6. " Give yourself over to absolute pleasure."~The Rocky Horror Picture Show
7. " There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing."~Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
8. " We're not sheep." ~ Edward Scissorhands
9. " I told her I loved her and that we were meant to be together. She called me a creep and hung up. So I pretended I was Don Juan Demarco, the greatest lover in the world." ~Don Juan Demarco.
10. Lisa: "She gave your husband a rim job. Get over it"
Woman: "Was I talking to you?"
Lisa: "No, you were spitting on me so mellow-fucking-out! I heard it was like a pencil anyway."~Girl, Interrupted.
I'm looking for a community that has really good icons for classic and pre-1980 movies. mostly everything I've come across is really recent movies and/or actors. If anyone knows of a comm could you let me know? thanks
Top 3 Kieran Culkin, Edward Norton, Dustin Hoffman
Top 3 Audrey Hepburn, Winnona Ridder, Natalie Portman
Top 3 Most Attractive Actors and/or Actresses
Johnny Depp, Elijah Wood (its the dork thing), Hugh Grant
Top 10 Alltime Favorite Movies (no particular order)
Igby Goes Down
The Secret Garden
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Paper House
Best 3 NEW Movies
In Good Company
Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies
Hotel Rhwanda (havent seen it yet)
ok, i cant think of 5
Top 3 Crappiest Movies You've Ever Seen
Your favorite scene: Garden State, the party scene with "Waiting Line" playing in the background
The movie that scared you the most: The Shining
The movie that made you laugh the most: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The movie that made you cry the most (if you cry in movies): Casablanca
The movie that made you think the most: 1984
The movie that made you the most uncomfortable: The Experiment (I can't remember how to spell the German title)
The movie that made you feel the best at the end: Breakfast at Tiffany's
The movie that you made fun of the most.
And lastly - what makes a good movie?
If you leave the theater feeling different than when you went in. If a movie can change your mindset even for 2 or 3 hours, it's done its job.
so...the word on the community is that we take 10 of our favorite movies and pick quotes from them? i can do that.
1. do you know a religious guy named john paul?
i doubt you've ever taken a stupid breath. don't start now. l.a. confidential
he's a phantom. second cousin to harvey the rabbit. the shawshank redemption
4. listen, if this wasn't friendly, you probably wouldn't have even gotten it!
5. make me a hinge.
6. there is a leopard on your roof and it's my leopard and i have to get it and to get it i have to sing
now...where was i? memento
8. i definitely got the rose bushes.
hey, you wanna hear my philosophy of life? [weird noise] do it to him before he does it to you. on the waterfront
10. i dont know; it's a mystery.